- Scientific name: Marosatherina ladigesi
- Synonyms: Telmatherina ladigesi
- Common name: Celebes Rainbowfish
- Group: Rainbowfish
- Habitat: Asia; In remote areas of the Celebes, Indonesia
- Size: Male:6-8 cm, Female: 5-7 cm
- Biotope: In slow-moving water in the foothills of Sulawesi
- Social behavior: A lively, peaceful, schooling fish, it can be combined with Aplocheilichthys macrophthalmus or kept in a community tank.
- Diet: Omnivorous; all types of live foods; flakes
- Breeding: Hard
- Tank: Minimum 70 litres
- Population: 6-8 fish for 100 litres
- Decoration: Needs a fine gravel bottom, a moderate amount of planting and open swimming space. Position the tank so it can catch the morning sun. Use hard neutral water. You can add one tablespoon of salt to each 2 gallons of water and change 1/4 of the tank weekly.
- Temperature: 22-28 °C
- pH: 6-7
- Hardness: 10-25 NK°
- Lifespan: 5 years
Description: The Celebes Rainbowfish has a slender, elongated body with lateral compression. There are two dorsal fins, the first being very small. Male is brilliantly colored: the body is translucent gold, with a blue-green sheen, and has extended rays on the second anal and dorsal fins. The top as well as the belly area are pale yellow. An iridescent blue to green stripe extends laterally from the caudal fin to the gill cover. The colors of females are subdued and their fins are shorter.
The fish is sensitive to water conditions and may react adversely if transferred to another tank with different water. They will tolerate a shift from soft to hard water better than the reverse.
For breeding they need a relatively roomy tank with the water values above at temperatures between 22-24 °C. Add fine-leaved plants with floating plants above. The fish have a vigorous courting ritual and will spawn among the plants. Spawning can be continued for a period of months and the parents, who will consume the eggs, should be removed. The eggs will develop in 8 to 11 days. Raise the fry on crushed flake food and small live foods. The fry hang just below the water surface. They grow very slowly, but reach maturity at 7 months.
(African Freshwater Pipefish)
(Variegated platy )
(Rummy nose rasbora)
(Peacock cichlid, African peacock)
(Flower horn fish)
(Cuckoo Synodontis, Multi-spotted synodontis )
(Scat, Spotted scat)
(Yellow Congo Tetra)
(Blue Victoria Mouthbrooder)
(One-spot Synodontis, Domino Syno)
(South Amrican Bumblebee Catfish)
(Barfin Synodontis, White-Barred Synodontis)
(Red Claw Crab)