Girardinus falcatus - Goldbelly topminnowMagyarul / Hungarian
- Scientific name: Girardinus falcatus
- Common name: Goldbelly topminnow
- Group: Livebearers
- Habitat: Central America, Cuba
- Size: Males:4 cm, females:6-7 cm
- Biotope: Occurs in ponds, lakes and lowland streams.
- Social behavior: Peaceful
- Diet: Omnivorous
- Breeding: Easy
- Tank: Minimum 30 litres
- Population: 3-5 fish for 40 litres
- Decoration: Prefers stagnant water over muddy substrate with abundant aquatic vegetation.
- Temperature: 24-30 °C
- pH: 7-7,5
- Hardness: 12-16 NK°
- Lifespan: 3-4 years
They are omnivorous. You should give them a great variety of live, frozen and dry food. A part of the food should be vegetable.Breeding is not difficult. They are viviparous. After a gestation period of 25 days 10-40 young fishes are born. They can be raised with baby brine shrimp and Liquifry and a few days later with fine crushed dry food.