Many of the most popular tropical aquarium fish kept today are more brightly colored than their wild relatives. Modern techniques have allowed the development of varieties to be taken to new extremes, with the first genetically modified fish now available.
The popularity of fishkeeping
Although there is some archaeological evidence of fish-keeping dating back to Babylonian and Egyptian times, it is unclear when people started keeping fish for their aesthetic qualities, rather than as a source of food, but the activity certainly dates back well over a thousand years.
Micronutrients for aquarium plants
These nutrients are required only in extremely small quantities and are often described as "trace elements." They play important roles in the biochemical processes that sustain life and are vital for good plant health.
Macronutrients for aquarium plants
These nutrients are used in the greatest quantity by aquarium plants and are vital to many plant functions. Without them, plants would be unable to grow, repair, or maintain healthy tissue.
- 2013.05.18 - There is a new Pufferfish profile on the site.
- 2013.05.11 - There is a new article about Glass catfish identification, and there is a new catfish profile on the site.
- 2013.04.27 - There is a new Betta profile on the site, and an interesting article about the world's largest freshwater aquarium.
- 2013.04.20 - There is an interesting news about Black pirahna.
- 2013.04.06 - There is a new and rare cichlid profile on the site.
- 2013.03.24 - There is a new, interesting catfish profile on the site.
- 2013.03.17 - From today there will be interesting video and short news segment on the site.
- 2013.03.09 - There is a new Characin pofile on the site.
- 2013.03.02 - There is a new, interesting article about fish genetics on the site.
- 2013.02.23 - There is an interesting new Goby on the site.
- 2013.02.17 - There is a new article about fish keeping history.
- 2013.02.09 - There are 2 new tiny, but beautiful Danio profiles on the site.
- 2013.01.26 - There are 2 new Crayfish profiles on the site.
New name for the Asian glass catfish2013.05.11
After eighty years of misidentification, the glass catfish get a new name.
World's largest freshwater aquarium opens2013.04.27
The world's largest freshwater aquarium - and Asia's first river-themed wildlife park - has opened in Singapore.
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest 640-816 and high quality 70-649 exam and 312-50v7. We provide updated 70-457 with 100% pass guarantee along with 70-648.