What are L-number catfishes?
It is not so dreadfully long ago that lori?cariid catfishes were regarded as the poor relations of the aquarium hobby, and were maintained and tolerated in the community aquarium solely on account of their often bizarre appearance and their useful characteristics.
Many of the most popular tropical aquarium fish kept today are more brightly colored than their wild relatives. Modern techniques have allowed the development of varieties to be taken to new extremes, with the first genetically modified fish now available.
The popularity of fishkeeping
Although there is some archaeological evidence of fish-keeping dating back to Babylonian and Egyptian times, it is unclear when people started keeping fish for their aesthetic qualities, rather than as a source of food, but the activity certainly dates back well over a thousand years.
Micronutrients for aquarium plants
These nutrients are required only in extremely small quantities and are often described as "trace elements." They play important roles in the biochemical processes that sustain life and are vital for good plant health.
- 2015.11.14 - There is a new Catfish profile on the site.
- 2015.11.08 - There is a new rare, but beautiful puffer profile on the site.
- 2015.10.31 - The profile of the One-lined Pencilfish has been uploaded.
- 2015.10.17 - There is a new profile in the Catfish category.
- 2015.10.10 - There is a new fish profile in the Livebearers category.
- 2015.09.12 - There is a new Characin profile on the site.
- 2015.08.29 - There is a new catfish profile on the site.
- 2015.08.22 - There is a new Cichlid profile on the site.
- 2015.08.15 - There is another beautiful Labyrinth fish profile on the site.
- 2015.08.08 - There is a new shrimp profile on the site.
- 2015.08.01 - There is a new Cyprinid profile on the site.
- 2015.06.07 - There are 2 new characin profiles on the site.
- 2015.06.06 - There is a new African catfish profile on the site.
Researchers find the first warm blooded fish2015.05.16
The opah, also called the moonfish, internally generates heat through constant flapping of wing-like pectoral fins
Oceanário de Lisboa presents 'Forests Underwater' by Takashi Amano2015.03.28
Oceanário de Lisboa will open, on 22nd April of this year, the new temporary exhibition, 'Forests Underwater' by Takashi Amano.
Back from the dead, but still on the brink?2014.09.14
With its striking colour pattern and vaguely lamniform appearance the 'red-tailed black shark', Epalzeorhynchos bicolor (Smith 1931), is an enduringly popular aquarium favourite.