What are L-number catfishes?
It is not so dreadfully long ago that lori?cariid catfishes were regarded as the poor relations of the aquarium hobby, and were maintained and tolerated in the community aquarium solely on account of their often bizarre appearance and their useful characteristics.
Many of the most popular tropical aquarium fish kept today are more brightly colored than their wild relatives. Modern techniques have allowed the development of varieties to be taken to new extremes, with the first genetically modified fish now available.
The popularity of fishkeeping
Although there is some archaeological evidence of fish-keeping dating back to Babylonian and Egyptian times, it is unclear when people started keeping fish for their aesthetic qualities, rather than as a source of food, but the activity certainly dates back well over a thousand years.
Micronutrients for aquarium plants
These nutrients are required only in extremely small quantities and are often described as "trace elements." They play important roles in the biochemical processes that sustain life and are vital for good plant health.
- 2014.07.13 - There is a new Cyprinid fish profile on the site.
- 2014.06.28 - There is a new fish profile in Killifish category.
- 2014.06.22 - There is a new interesting catfish profile on the site.
- 2014.06.09 - There is a new, rare livebearer profile on the site.
- 2014.05.31 - There is a new invertebrate profile on the site.
- 2014.05.25 - There is a new fish profile in the Killifish category.
- 2014.05.17 - There is a new Central American Cichlid profile on the site.
- 2014.05.11 - There is a new Characin profile on the site.
- 2014.04.26 - There are 2 new short articles on the site.
- 2014.04.21 - There is a new aquatic plant profile on the site, and a lot of scientific names have been upadated.
- 2014.04.06 - The second part of the Altum Angels video is available on the site.
- 2014.03.29 - There is a new, fascinating betta profile on the site.
- 2014.03.15 - There is another interesting cyprind profile on the site.
Evolution in action2014.04.26
Competition between large and small versions of the same cichlid in Lake Tanganyika could lead to them becoming two separate species in the future.
More bathers attacked by fish in Argentina2014.04.26
For the second time in less than a month, bathers in the Parana River in Argentina have been attacked by fish.
Rainbowfish embryos can smell predators2013.12.07
Rainbowfish embryos are not only able to recognise potential predatory threats, but can also differentiate between them as early as four days after fertilisation, while still inside the developing egg.
Cut down your exam stress by using our latest 640-816 and high quality 70-649 exam and 312-50v7. We provide updated 70-457 with 100% pass guarantee along with 70-648.